Edinburgh Parks - Energy Offtake and Supply
The bioenergy facility is all about recycling organic waste, reducing landfill and reducing greenhouse gas emissions while delivering baseload, dispatchable energy and commercial and economic benefits to the region.
- Diverting organic waste from landfill reduces the release of greenhouse gases, particularly methane.
- Energy produced by the facility from waste is renewable and displaces fossil fuel- generated electricity and gas.
- Up to 71,000 MWh(e) per annum of electricity
- Up to 74,000 MWh(th) per annum of industrial grade heat
- Up to 432,000 GJ per annum of natural gas or
- A combination of these energy outputs